Cakery Friday: Chocolate Covered Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

I’m not sure I need to preface these with anything. I mean, really. Do you need an excuse to eat {egg free} cookie dough? So let’s dive in. And try not to eat one million of them. Restrain yourself.

dough-ball-final-2

Gather all of the ingredients.

ingredients

In the bowl of your electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat together 1/2 cup unsalted room temperature butter with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla, beat to combine.

butter-sugar-milk

Add in 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

flour

Finally add in 3/4 mini chocolate chips.

chocolate-chips

Place the bowl in the fridge and allow to chill.

Remove the bowl from the fridge and roll into 1-inch balls and place the ball in the freezer for 20 minutes.

dough-balls2

Seriously, I could have eaten this entire tray. But alas, it’s time to cover them in chocolate.

dough-balls

Melt 1 package of chocolate candy coatings in the microwave or a double boiler.

melted-chocolate

Dip balls into melted chocolate using a fork or toothpick. Shake off excess chocolate.

IMG_0893

Place balls on a sheet of parchment paper and allow to harden. {Placing them in the fridge or freezer will expedite the hardening process = faster eating time!}

IMG_0896

{Recipe adapted from The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook}

For a printer-friendly version of this recipe click here: Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls

dough-ball-final-3

Happy {no} baking!

dough-ball-final-1

xoxo,

Ali

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 Comments on Cakery Friday: Chocolate Covered Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

1. Seleena
    September 2, 2014 at 1:45 am (5 years ago)

Hi, this recipe looks amazing I was just wondering how much one recipe makes and how many grams of chocolate I would need to make 500 balls. Thanks 🙂

2. Sequoia
    July 2, 2014 at 1:18 pm (5 years ago)

Hey,
    I was just wondering how long you put the bowl in to chill? Thanks!

3. deb
    January 16, 2014 at 3:54 pm (6 years ago)

We had these at a resort in Costa Rica and I promised my daughter when we came home that I would make them for her…came across your recipe and it was great!! They are delish and very dangerous to have in the fridge!! Thank you 🙂

4. cookie
    July 31, 2013 at 6:50 am (6 years ago)

It could be a good and handy section of information. Now i am pleased that you simply shared this handy information and facts around. You need to keep all of us current like that. Many thanks for expressing.

5. Nicole
    February 27, 2013 at 10:38 am (7 years ago)

How do you store them?

Thanks 🙂

6. siegfried
    February 2, 2013 at 12:06 am (7 years ago)

super-easy and cheap gluten-free modification:

step 1. put a bunch of quick-cook oats in the food processor and grind until it becomes oat flour.
    step 2. replace all-purpose flour with oat flour.
    step 3. enjoy!

Your recipe is perfect! I have a very similar recipe that doesn’t use sugar – it uses dried dates!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Cakery Friday: Chocolate Covered Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

1. […] Cakery Friday: Chocolate Covered Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls […]