Rainbow Centerpiece

I really really really love keeping fresh flowers in our house. It makes me feel like a grown up. It makes me feel girly. It makes me smile. A lot.

Truthfully, I can be a little lazy about arranging. So I am always on the lookout for quick and easy florals that look spectacular. {And being cost efficient doesn’t hurt either, now does it?}

We all know I have an affinity for colors and rainbows…. And so I created this:

To make your own, you’ll need a few ingredients.

1. Lots of bud vases. I bought 5 from Michaels. My favorite ones are these from Crate and Barrel. They are seriously tiny, adorable and hugely versatile.

2. Food coloring. I prefer the gel, which is easier to control and blend.

3. Flowers. I like white flowers like daisies and mums. Keep in mind if you use carnations they will quickly “absorb” the water and change color. I really love the contrast and pop of the colored water against crisp white flowers.

4. Water

Now create your “rainbow” by adding a few drops of the gel {use a toothpick, its much easier} into the water in each vase. Blend your colors as needed. If the color seems too bold,  just pour out some of the mixture and add more water to lighten. {You could do this in ombre in a single hue and it would be spectacular!!!}

Here’s my kitchen table.

And again on the lazy susan.

See, flowers don’t have to be scary or intimidating.

Happy Labor Day!

xoxo,

Niki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 Comments on Rainbow Centerpiece

1. does spanish Fly work
    July 16, 2014 at 12:53 pm (5 months ago)

It is really a nice and useful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us.
    Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

2. Betsey
    July 24, 2013 at 6:53 am (1 year ago)

you are actually a excellent webmaster. The website loading speed is incredible.
    It sort of feels that you are doing any unique trick.
    Also, The contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a fantastic process in this matter!

3. Source Webpage
    June 29, 2013 at 10:59 am (1 year ago)

Thank you for some other impressive submit. Where else may any person have that type of information in such a good way of producing? I’ve a display next full week, using this program . for the look for similarly info.

4. Padmore410
    June 25, 2013 at 11:05 am (1 year ago)

Is your water safe? Unedited excerpts from local and national articles are available at http://www.midtennwaterproblem.com these articles will help you better understand what’s hidden in your most precious resource.

5. Jackiefo
    September 16, 2012 at 2:42 pm (2 years ago)

This is SO colorful and fun!!! I love it :)

6. Papery and Cakery
    September 5, 2012 at 8:13 am (2 years ago)

Thanks!!

7. Papery and Cakery
    September 5, 2012 at 8:12 am (2 years ago)

Thanks Elina! These particular ones do not but carnations absolutely would!

8. Elina
    September 5, 2012 at 7:23 am (2 years ago)

Pretty project! Do the flowers change color after a while? :)

9. Invitations
    September 4, 2012 at 12:40 pm (2 years ago)

This is fabulous :D :D :D

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Rainbow Centerpiece

1. […] you’re making rainbow cake, have a rainbow party. Use Gatorade for rainbow drinks, make this centerpiece, make melted crayon art….here are two rainbow parties you can use for […]

2. […] Row 1 – Abigail K./Invitation Gallery; Row 2 – via Paperie & Cakery (left); Circle garland rainbow (centre); Red Herring maternity dress (right); Row 3 – Brides […]