Paint Chip Wall

If I had a give you a list of my top dislikes it would include the following: bananas {ick}, scratchy sheets on my bed, ¬†paper cuts and blank walls. Yes, you heard me right. I hate blank walls. As someone who grew up in a house of colors, photos and craziness, there’s nothing that annoys me more than big empty walls.

That’s why, when we first moved into our home last July, I was immediately filled with angst when we found ourselves with a giant, empty wall. A wall that was originally graced with a faux fireplace and giant alter {not quite my style} but now was drywalled and painted perfectly white.

For the past seven months I have hated looking at that empty wall. And I look at it many many times a day {and night, that’s what happens when you have babies}.

But at the same time, I haven’t been able to commit myself to anything for the wall. Did I mention it is gigantically, overwhelmingly huge?!

No photograph would do it justice. No piece of art seemed to fit the bill. And so I decided, I was going to have to make something myself to satisfy this gargantuan.

And so I did.

Let me walk you through the steps.

Step One: Perpetrator Niki enters Home Depot on four separate occasions in order to take every known paint chip made by Behr. {There may or may not be a wanted ad with my face on it}.

Step Two: Perp Niki purchases 24 18 by 24 canvases at Michaels (on buy one half off days, you need to get the app).

Step Three: Perp Niki lays out Behr paint chips, weeding out some of the more “sad” or “dull” colors to create a rainbow/ombre effect. Specifically I used Behr 100 – 600 A, B and C in color order.

Step Four: Paint chips are laid out on canvases and glued accordingly with a spray adhesive.

Step Five: Canvases are laid out on the floor and viewed from multiple angles until the arrangement is satisfying.

Step Six: Canvases are attached to giant eyesore of a blank wall. Artist is satisfied. Giant sigh of relief.

xoxo,

Niki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

26 Comments on Paint Chip Wall

1. mythicpaint1
    December 22, 2014 at 6:35 am (1 year ago)

I like this post. Its great.!!

2. Chase
    September 15, 2014 at 10:10 pm (2 years ago)

I’m more than happy to uncover this great site.
    I need too to thank you forr your time just for this fantastic read!!
    I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you book marked
    to check out new things on your blog.

3. Soon
    September 12, 2014 at 7:40 pm (2 years ago)

Hello my loved one! I want to say that this post is awesome, great written and
    include approximately all significant infos. I would
    like to see extra posts like this .

4. Oveda
    September 9, 2014 at 1:13 am (2 years ago)

Omg I LOVE THIS! I just moved into my first house and I’m not sure what color to paint my room, yet This would be a creative idea and make a neat focal point in any room. I should try this!

5. Teresita
    September 8, 2014 at 1:56 am (2 years ago)

This is really attention-grabbing, You’rean overly professional blogger.
    I’ve joined your feed and look aheead tto in quest of extra of your excellent post.
    Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks

6. remodeling contractor
    June 16, 2014 at 5:43 am (2 years ago)

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the internet the simplest
    thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they
    plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the
    nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people
    can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
    Thanks