Cupcake Mix Favors

I was totally amazed when I saw these brownie mix party favors from one cool pick’s blog. These “Big Brother’s Badass Brownies” were given out at a baby shower! The ingredients were individually packaged in an awesome kraft tube with an enclosed recipe card. The brownie’s are the soon-to-be-big-brother’s favorite recipe. The labels were designed and printed by the fantastically creative Melanie Lantin, who is truly one cool chick.

Since it’s birthday week, I thought this idea would be an impressive favor, especially for a birthday fiesta!
I love the idea of mixes. Ali, my pastry-savvy sister, loves to spend hours in the kitchen, waiting for butter and eggs to come room temperature, and meticulously measuring ingredients. On the other hand, I don’t always have the necessary patience for baking. My favorite cake recipes involve doctoring up Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe. I breathe a huge sigh of relief when I see a pastry recipe with 5 ingredients or less.
A few months ago, while browsing around Williams-Sonoma (and pretending to be a domestic goddess), I stumbled upon this fantastic Sprinkles cupcake mix. My sister Gavi and I whipped them up rather quickly. All that was required from our end was eggs, butter and confectioners sugar. Voila! Mixes are my best friend and I think they could be yours too. I especially love Spinkle’s tube packaging for the mix. It’s so much more striking than the mixes found in paper bags and cardboard boxes. It really sets Sprinkles apart and definitely made me want to go home and bake some cupcakes!
The tube mix from one cool chick is a perfect DIY way to personalize a favor. Maybe you have a legendary family recipe for cookies, brownies, cake or cupcakes. Take the time to measure out and assemble the dry ingredients ahead of time. Type up a recipe card, explaining what needs to be added, how long and at what temperature it should bake. Stick on a fun and fancy label and ta-da, an amazing favor!
I did a little research for my DIY lovers who really want to have this favor come to life. Mailing tubes can be purchased practically around the corner at your local office supply shop. I personally like them best in kraft or white, but they also can be bought in a variety of colors or even transparent. Design your own labels, or hand draw them. I love the variety of options, colors & textures at Online Labels.com. They provide wonderful templates which make printing labels yourself really simple.
Purchase your ingredients from your local grocer, or if you are giving a large amount of favors, use a wholesale supplier like Costco or BJ’s.
Measure out the ingredients into cellophane or plastic bags (there are great ones available at Nashville Wraps). Make sure to secure the bags with a tie, ribbon and/or a cute tag, and label the bags with their respective ingredients.
Print out a recipe card on nice stock to explain how to assemble the mix. Give a little background on the meaning behind the dish.

The ingredients could also be assembled in a cute mason jar with a fabulous ribbon tied around but I’m really enamored with the tube.
Bon Appetit!
Trust me, domestic goddesses (ahem) like myself will swoon!
xoxo,
Niki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

16 Comments on Cupcake Mix Favors

1. Giada Morrison
    January 11, 2014 at 2:11 pm (10 months ago)

Another important issue is that if you are
    a mature person, travel insurance for pensioners is something you must
    really look at. The more aged you are, the more at risk you will be for having something
    poor happen to you while in foreign countries.
    If you are never covered by a few comprehensive insurance policy, you could have some
    serious difficulties. Thanks for expressing your hints on this web blog.

2. Francis Lape
    January 10, 2014 at 8:30 pm (10 months ago)

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO?
    I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good success.
    If you know of any please share. Thanks!

3. Gael Friedland
    January 10, 2014 at 8:28 am (10 months ago)

The following time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint
    me as a lot as this one. I mean, I know it was my option to
    read, but I really thought youd have one thing interesting to say.

All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you might fix
    if you werent too busy on the lookout for attention.

4. Noah Sorden
    January 7, 2014 at 9:39 pm (10 months ago)

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web page and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to exploring your
    web page yet again.

5. Easton Bizzaro
    January 7, 2014 at 7:13 am (10 months ago)

I’m really impressed along with your writing abilities and
    also with the format on your blog. Is that this a paid subject matter or did
    you modify it your self? Either way stay up the nice high quality writing, it is rare to
    look a great blog like this one these days..

6. Amy Hargrave
    January 7, 2014 at 12:04 am (10 months ago)

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or
    vice-versa? My website covers a lot of the same subjects as yours
    and I believe we could greatly benefit from each
    other. If you happen to be interested feel free
    to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!

Fantastic blog by the way!

7. Arya Callis
    January 5, 2014 at 7:55 am (10 months ago)

I’m not sure why but this web site is loading incredibly slow for me.
    Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my
    end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

8. enrique iglesias
    June 4, 2013 at 2:38 pm (1 year ago)

Overall, if you need more storage capacity, then you should definitely get
    yourself a 6th Generation i – Pod Classic. You can use your jammer to
    prevent them from sending and getting communication by suggests of
    their cell phones. There are a lot of options in mobile phones available on the market today.

9. 2001___
    May 10, 2013 at 12:20 am (1 year ago)

Actually no matter if someone doesn’t understand after that its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it takes place.

10. m.buzzillions.com
    May 9, 2013 at 7:18 am (1 year ago)

This will get rid of the built up odours and leave everything clean and smelling fresh.
    While some maintenance can be done by a homeowner, a good plumber or HVAC technician should be consulted to make sure that your heating system will run
    efficiently during the next winter season and for years to come.
    Clean your gloves with lukewarm water and squeeze out the
    excess water.

Also visit my website m.buzzillions.com

11. nevada incorporation service
    April 30, 2013 at 10:25 am (1 year ago)

I needed to thank you for this fantastic read!! I absolutely loved every
    little bit of it. I’ve got you book-marked to look at new things you post_

12. Brownie Recipe
    October 3, 2012 at 6:25 am (2 years ago)

I do trust all the ideas you’ve offered to your post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for newbies. Could you please extend them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.

13. Jo-Ann
    July 29, 2009 at 1:57 pm (5 years ago)

Love the idea…thanks for the idea about the mailing tubes..brilliant. I was wondering for the labels, what would be the size I am looking for?

Jo-Ann